Time: 7.00 pm- 8.30 pm
Venue: Sultan 1, Le Meridien Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Speaker: Prof. Gurkirpal Singh, MD
Adjunct Clinical Professor of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine
Chief Science Officer, Institute of Clinical Outcomes Research adn Education Palo Alto, California
Below are some of the issues that Dr. Singh will elucidate in his presentation:
- Does short-term use of NSAIDs increases risk of GI bleeds?
- How can you identify patietns who are at a greater risk of GI bleeds? Dr. Singh has developde as imple six-item questionnaire which can predict future GI risk with about 90% accuracy.
- Does COX-2 selectivity guarantees GI safety?
- Is COX-2 selectivity associated with cardiovascular risk?
- Is NSAID-induced hypertension clinically significant?
Time 7.00 pm-7.30 pm 7.30 pm-7.35 pm 7.35 pm-8.15 pm 8.15 pm-8.30 pm 8.30 pm
Program Registration Introduction by Chairperson Lecture by Prof Gurkirpal Singh, MD Q & A Session Dinner
7.00 pm-7.30 pm
7.30 pm-7.35 pm
7.35 pm-8.15 pm
8.15 pm-8.30 pm
RSVP by 16th December 2009 to Ms Hema at 03-5568 6688
Please indicate if Vegetarian food required.
1 CPE point will be awarded. For Healthecare Professional Only